Writer to the Signet, Trustee in examination of Nisbet & Co Paper makers “Glasgow Courier” 10 September 1799. The son in 1810 was Francis. One of the two was inventor of a papermaking machine in 1816. John Cameron was the owner of Springfield in 1825. W. Anderson & Co were given as successors to Cameron & Co at the 2 Bank Street address in 1824. The Adam Square and South Bridge addresses could be the same premises. In 1833-34 the foreman of the Springfield Paper Mills was Robert Reardon. His name is given under Lasswade. John Cameron of Cameron & Co lived at Glenesk, Loanhead in 1845.